Iridium Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iridium Clan Forums

The official forums for the clan Iridium.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We're in the progress of making some big changes, and more are coming up. Stay tuned here: https://iridium.forumotion.com/t611-major-changes

Building a PC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
S l i n g y

S l i n g y

Building a PC Empty
PostSubject: Building a PC   Building a PC EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:03 am

My current computer specs:
PIECE OF SHITTTTT

yeah its what you call a 'craptop'

the most regrettable thing is that I spent as much as what I'm about to show you

SO... I decided to take action. I began researching and looking into building my own PC, with emphasis on a budget because I just can't justify spending that much money on a PC. This is what I found:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($159.95 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($69.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($69.99 @ NCIX)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $441.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-30 00:52 EDT-0400
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's my parts list, with a total price that is nearly exactly what I have right now, which struggles to run CS:GO on lowest settings .-.

The AMD A10-7850 is an APU, that means it has CPU and GPU together, meaning I have no need to buy a separate graphics card... yet
(APU's run better with higher RAM speeds, which is why I went with a 2x8gb @ 1866MHz)
I did some research, looked at benchmarks, etc. and this APU alone with the 1866MHz RAM can run Battlefield 4 on 1080p Medium settings at 30-35 FPS average. Take that down to 720p, which is perfectly ok with me and that takes the FPS way up to 65-80!

AND

That's the APU alone! There is no graphics card installed

So my plan for the future, when I have more money to play with is to purchase a 280x and add that on, which will give me a huge boost in graphical performance, and allow me to play any game with ease, most games on high or ultra settings

So what do you guys think of this for a value PC? Any good? I spent a lot of time researching and I believe this is the absolute best I can get for value, at least in this price bracket
Back to top Go down

Building a PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a PC   Building a PC EmptySat May 30, 2015 3:53 pm

take into consideration that you gotta buy windows to, that shit hella expensive
Back to top Go down
ToughTapir

ToughTapir

Previous Names : AnOwningChicken

Building a PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a PC   Building a PC EmptySat May 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Kevin wrote:
take into consideration that you gotta buy windows to, that shit hella expensive
And possibly Microsoft Office
Back to top Go down
S l i n g y

S l i n g y

Building a PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a PC   Building a PC EmptySat May 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Kevin wrote:

take into consideration there's this thing called the internet, and this thing called pirating, and this thing called who gives a fuck if its legal...

anyway, we already have a copy of Windows 7 somewhere on a disc, that I can just transfer to a formatted USB and install it that way

Also, already have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse so ya know, that's all my expenses right there

except csgo cases......
Back to top Go down

Building a PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a PC   Building a PC EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:34 am

damn bro chill
Back to top Go down
S l i n g y

S l i n g y

Building a PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a PC   Building a PC EmptySun May 31, 2015 4:29 am

theres also this thing on reddit where you can get a legit copy of windows for like $20

r/MicrosoftSoftwareSwap
Back to top Go down
Ryukai
Admin
Ryukai

Building a PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a PC   Building a PC EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 am

logicalincrements.com

I would try and up your budget to about 600$. So you can get iunto Intel and iCore processors, so when you want to update your not stuck.
Back to top Go down
https://iridium.forumotion.com
S l i n g y

S l i n g y

Building a PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a PC   Building a PC EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 11:08 pm

Ryukai wrote:
logicalincrements.com

I would try and up your budget to about 600$. So you can get iunto Intel and iCore processors, so when you want to update your not stuck.

That's the thing. I'm stuck on the upgradeability. For my price range and what I want, my current build will do me just fine and I have no issue with lower graphics to squeeze out more frames. My problem is that I can't upgrade.

When I get into things I can upgrade it gets more expensive. I just want something that can run as well as what I have picked, and cost just as much but be able to be upgraded
Back to top Go down
S l i n g y

S l i n g y

Building a PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a PC   Building a PC EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Ok guys, I've taken a look at some more things and decided maybe an APU isn't the way to go

This is what I've come up with:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($79.99 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.99 @ NCIX)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ NCIX)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($159.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($35.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $450.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 22:10 EDT-0400

I don't have a case because my buddy has an old one I can scavenge that should work just fine

It actually comes to $550 after taxes which is a little more that I was hoping for, but oh well we can't avoid taxes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Building a PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a PC   Building a PC Empty

Back to top Go down

Building a PC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Iridium Clan Forums :: Gaming :: General-
Jump to: